This post may contain affiliate links which means, if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I love to make these ahead of time as an easy breakfast option for our family. We can make them the day before and store them in the refrigerator. We pull out how many we would like for the morning and heat them in the microwave. It is an easy and nutritious breakfast option that is helpful on busy weekday mornings. These are also nice as a protein packed snack.
For easy clean up, I highly recommend something like these reusable silicone muffin liners or these silicone muffin trays. Traditional muffins and these egg muffins come out easily with both of these options.
Egg White "Muffins"
- 1 lb Sausage
- 6 oz Roasted Red Bell Peppers. These come in a jar at the store. I used half a 12 oz. jar
- 24 oz Egg Whites in the carton. You could also crack eggs and use just the whites. The carton is just much easier for me.
- 8 oz Frozen Spinach (thawed)
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheese (I used Colby Jack but any will work)
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- *Preheat oven to 350°.
- *Brown sausage for a few minutes and then add chopped onion. Continue cooking until meat is brown and onions are soft.
- *Add all other ingredients to a large bowl and stir. Add slightly cooled meat/onion mixture to the bowl and stir.
- *Ladle about 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin liner or tin. (See my favorite muffin liners or silicone muffin pan in post).
- *Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is cooked.
Let me know if you make these and what you think. What other ingredients would you add?